Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com
Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

I am nothing more than a crossroads of arbitrary signifiers. Just like you.

Blogs I Enjoy Reading

Life-Altering Links
Homestarrunner
My Home Page
RPGnet
Feed the Hungry

ENGL 3621 Blogs
Postscript
Abby
Ants on a Blog
Deanna
Jannainspa
A Blog of One's Own
A Magic Missile in the Dark
Martha's Place
Muddled Musings
Not So Domestic Goddess
Perspectives
Readings from Last Class
Simone
Small but Mighty
Who's Write
Words from the Wise
Yelhsa
Web Comics
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Someday, maybe I'll be an Adorable Rodent... Someday...




Movie Reviews:

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Okay, I'm Big Enough to Admit It.

I was wrong.

The last class I spoke about a trailer I'd seen, advertising an upcoming movie about a fictional romance between Don Juan and Frances Burney. I was, in fact, wrong on both counts, for different reasons.

The "Don Juan" part was simply a matter of crossed wires in the brain -- in fact, it's Casanova who's the lead character of this film. Yes, one was real and the other wasn't, but my brain still associates the two as being the same sort of rogue.

The error I made on "Frances Burney" was based on a mistake in hearing the character's name pronounced on screen. In fact, it's "Francesca Bruni." Which is a mistake anybody could make. No, really. Honest mistake.

*ahem* Little bit red-faced, here.

Anyway, there you have it. Basic premise of the movie stays the same, though given the context (I understand Francesca Bruni was an italian seamstress who Casanova actually met and exchanged letters with) it's obviously not nearly as absurd as it had initially struck me. I mean, it's loosely based on something that didn't really, but could have actually happened, whereas the movie I thought it was, was just downright wacky.

The real movie's titled "Casanova," by the way.

Sorry 'bout that one, folks. In my defence... um... Hey! What's that on your shoulder?

*runs and hides*


Jesse R enlightened the masses @ 7:57 PM

+++++


|
Teh Funnay! What if Fox News had been around thro...
English 3621: Makin, Astell, and Wollstonecraft ...
Another Mention on Cavendish I woke up this morni...
ENGL 3621: Margaret Cavendish I’ve studied her b...
Because You Know You've Always Wondered A photosh...
Web Page Ready My web page on Aemelia Lanyer can ...
Chinese Star Wars This link has been floating aro...
Women's Writing: Elizabeth I et al The works of ...
Women's Writing: Julian of Norwich and Margery Ke...
Writing by Women: de Pizan Initially, I intended...


Shiny, Candy-Like Buttons
Listed on BlogShares
Powered by Blogger Site Meter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog 

Directory
Listed on BlogsCanada, eh? Listed on Blogwise
my Amazon.ca Wish List

Original design by Tuskudrusla